Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Sage Cream Sauce

I was making some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and I looked over at the left over pumpkin puree in the can.  Not enough to even think about making more cookies.  Considering I made my dessert before my dinner, I tried to think of a way to integrate the left over puree into my dinner's meal.  I came across this cream sauce recipe, and altered it a little bit.  SCRUMPTIOUS!!!  A new tradition has been born, every time I make pumpkin choco cookies, I will be making this pasta for dinner/lunch/snack.  How can I explain how delicious it was in a blog post?  Go my friends, make it, and understand the ways of deliciousness.


Ingredients

1 cup heavy cream (half & half or milk works too)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
1-2 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh-ground pepper



Directions
  1. Combine the cream/milk, pumpkin puree, parmesan, sage, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer the mixture until slightly thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with cooked pasta.  Serve immediately and enjoy

No comments: