http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_lasagn/
However, I do have some improvisations on it. Would you like my take? Ok.
I despise cooking noodles for lasagna. Why cook the noodles if you don't have to?
So put the pot down and step away from the cupboard.
Just layer your lasagna as normal, making sure each layer has heated sauce in it (I keep my homemade sauce a little more liquidy than the Pioneer Woman's, just so I can NOT cook my noodles). Once you have filled your pan with goodness, cover with aluminum foil and bake for about an hour to an hour and a half. You'll know when it is done when you stick a knife through the middle and it is soft, not crunchy. And yup, it'll be that much better because the sauce bakes INTO the noodles. Ah, life couldn't be better.
Next thing I do, for the cottage cheese compose, I skip the egg...I have a weird thing with eggs and them not getting cooked all the way. Paranoid? I think so. But it isn't needed, so why have the anxiety?! Is this just a me thing...um...maybe don't answer that.

1 comment:
Can I just say that I think this blog is GENIUS?! I love it. Can't wait to try and make EVERYTHING :)
Post a Comment